Business Licenses and Permits
Process for Doing Business in Union City
License Application Filing Procedure
Everyone doing business in the City of Union City must complete a Business License Application and supplemental forms. This requirement pertains to every person and company engaged in an activity in the pursuit of gain, other than direct employment.
In addition to the Business License, additional approvals, permits, or clearances may be required for particular businesses by other city departments, county, state, or federal agencies before a Business Tax Certificate is issued. The staff in the Business Licensing Department will refer you to the appropriate agencies before accepting your declaration and fees.
- Print and complete the Commercial Business License application and supplemental forms.
- Completed forms may be delivered in person to the Planning Department at City Hall, faxed to 510-487-9361 or mailed to: City of Union City, 34009 Alvarado-Niles Road, Union City, CA 94587, ATTN: Licensing Department.
- Allow at least 10 Business Days for review and approval of your application.
- You will be mailed a notification informing you of the status of your application. It will specify the fee for your license.
- You may also need to complete additional forms, which will be enclosed with your notification. Complete them and return with your business license fee.
- When you have completed everything required in the letter and paid your license fee, a receipt will be issued to you which serves as a temporary business license. The BUSINESS LICENSE CERTIFICATE will be mailed to you within 15 days of payment of the fee.
Incomplete applications will delay processing and/or be returned. You will be notified either by mail or phone when your business license has been approved. Visa Credit card payments are accepted either by phone or fax. All other payments send to:
Business License Dept.
34009 Alvarado-Niles Road
Union City CA 94587
Fax completed forms to 510-487-9361.
If you have any questions contact the Cashier at 510-675-5343.